Camp Fact Sheet
Wide Open Spaces
Our Mission: Provide education, training, and skills development to the children and adults with disabilities through participation in accessible outdoor activities.
- Our camp is available at no cost to any person of any age with any disability and their families, friends, and caregivers.
- We serve both children and adults with developmental, physical, cognitive, sensory, and age-related disabilities including veterans of the United States Armed Services.
- We host groups of campers from vocational rehabilitation and residential agencies, support groups, school districts, families, and individuals.
- Why Not Now? Inc., doing business as Camp Big Sky, is a 501(c)(3) charitable organization incorporated in May of 2000.
- Community based board of directors including people and parents of people with disabilities.
- Volunteers are the heart of our organization and donate their time and talents through camper support, construction, maintenance, and fundraising activities.
- Camp Big Sky is open every Wednesday, Thursday and Friday for day activities. We are also open Thursday, Friday, and Saturdays for overnight camping. Saturday day events are available for special group events by request.
- We offer all daytime activities at no cost to visitors.
- Overnight camping in cabins and tents is available for a nominal fee.
- Reservations are requried for ALL visits and should be made online at www.campbigsky.org or by phone (309) 258-6383
- In addition to caregivers that accompany participants, our volunteers provide support services to assists campers when requested.
- We provide all equipment, facilities, supplies, and accommodations. Campers need only bring food and drink for their visit.
- All accommodations and activities are totally accessible including: trail ways, restrooms, picnic tables, boats, docks, campfire areas, swings, cabins, tents, pavilions, and our multipurpose building.
- We have three distinct activity areas with two lakes and a campground. Gas grills, a cook stove and oven, and propane refrigerators are available for cooking and food preservation.
- Water is available from our wells at the campground and at Bruce’s Lake.